Now that you are finally here in Thailand, here are a few tips to make sure you have a great time here.
- Do respect all Buddha images.
- Do dress properly
- Do remove your shoes
- Do treat monks
- Do try and keep calm
- Do eat with a spoon.
- Do lower your body slightly
- Do try and learn
- Do smile a lot.
- Do enjoy yourself.
- Do ensure that you have a visa.
- Do make sure you have adequate travel insurance.
- Don’t show disrespect towards the Thai Royal Family.
- Don’t cross your legs
- Don’t touch a Thai woman without consent.
- Don’t be overly affectionate in public
- Don’t sunbathe nude.
- Don’t worry too much about whether you should wai or not.
- Don’t touch a Thai person’s head or ruffle their hair.
- Don’t place your feet on the table
- Don’t raise your voice
- Don’t be offended by questions about age, marital status or what you do for a living.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Don’t overstay your visa.