TAT tourism license in Thailand
The travel and tour guide business is regulated by the Tourist Business and Guide Act. Before engaging in the tourist business, one has to apply for a TAT license (Tourism Authority of Thailand) with the Tourist Business and Guide Registration Office.Learn more
Tourism laws in Thailand
With the travel and tour guide business being a restricted activity under the Foreign Business Act, a foreigner that wants to get involved in the tourist business will have to incorporate a juristic person to apply for the TAT license.
The following conditions have to be fulfilled in case the applicant is a natural person:
- Being of Thai nationality
- Being not less than 20 years old
- Having domicile or residence in the Kingdom of Thailand
- Not being bankrupt
- Not being a lunatic or incompetent or quasi-incompetent person
- Not being a person whose license is being suspended
- Not being a person whose license has been revoked five years prior to the current application
The company will have to have the following characteristics:
- Being registered under Thai Law
- Having as its business purpose to support business tourists in Thailand
- All unlimited liabilities must be of Thai nationality
- Of a limited company, not less than half of the directors must be of Thai Nationality and not less than 51% of the capital must be owned by natural persons that are of Thai nationality
- TAT license application form, signed by a Thai director and stamped with the seal of the company.
- Certificate of Registration and objectives of the company under the Civil and Commercial Code (not older than one month).
Do note, only a Thai director has the power to sign and stamp the seal of the company.
- List of shareholders’ names, certified by The Minister of Commerce.
- Memorandum of association which must be certified by The Minister of Commerce.
- Company’s regulation or report of company establishment’s meeting (If the company has no the company’s regulation) which must be certified by The Minister of Commerce.
- Copy of the director’s personal ID card and his registered address which must be certified by the director.
- Seal of the company
- Two photos of the front of the office (showing the address and nameplate).
- A map of the office
- Ownership or possession evidence of the office
- Power of Attorney
- Guarantee, cash or cashier’s check which is used as security.
Tourism License Application Fees
Outbound & Inbound License
This type of License enables your business to conduct tourism business within the Kingdom and abroad. An applicant for this type of license may conduct other type of tourism business as well without having apply for separate license.
THB75,000 and a security bond of THB60,000 (held by Tourism Authority of Thailand)
Inbound Only License
This type of License will facilitate for conducting tourism business by guiding tourist from foreign country to travel within the kingdom of Thailand.
THB75,000 and a security bond of THB30,000 (held by Tourism Authority of Thailand)
Domestic Only License
This type of License allows you to conduct your business within Kingdom of Thailand
THB75,000 and a security bond of THB15,000 (held by Tourism Authority of Thailand)
Local Tour Business License /specific area License
This type of license allows you to conduct your business within any province and its adjoining provinces.
THB75,000 and a security bond of THB3,000 (held by Tourism Authority of Thailand)
Our fees are inclusive of document preparation, gov't fee and other incidental costs.
Talk to our Business License Expert
If you have any inquiries, simply reach out to us and one of our friendly consultant will assist you.
Chat with us
...or give us a call
We're open from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday.